Be sure the rights to publish the images are clear.
- If you create the image, or take the photograph, you own the copyright. Posting your image to Historypin or this site is tantamount to giving permission for their use.
- Works in the public domain are permissible.
- If the resource comes from a Yale Library collection, the librarian in charge will know the status.
- Images from other sites should be used in accordance with the procedures posted there.
- Museums generally require permission and linking back to the museum’s own web page.